Friday, April 13, 2012

Gay Marriage


I greatly enjoy, and agree with, the recent post made by a fellow government student entitled, “Same Sex Marriage.” Although I think that the legal road that needs to be taken in order to pass same sex marriage laws will be a long and rough one, I think that it is something that can in fact be done, and needs to be done. I think that the only thing stopping these laws from coming to pass is, as her post so acutely put it, fear.  I could not agree more, and had to laugh out loud, when I read the comment about Tiger Woods and Kim Kardashian. It’s true, straight people have been successfully making a mockery of the sanctity of marriage for decades now.  So, if the sanctity of marriage is obviously not the problem here, I must agree with you, it’s all about fear. I do believe that the main source of fear directed at the homosexual life style stems from Christianity. Apparently, according to the Old Testament in the Bible, homosexuality is an abomination to God, and if we are taking the Old Testament literally, I sure hope none of you good Christians have had any shrimp, lobster, rabbit, pork, etc. recently (Leviticus 11:4-47), or have wore any clothing of mixed fabrics (Leviticus 19:19), because apparently those things are abominations to God as well.  There is although, a list in Proverb 6:16-19 of things that God apparently does hate, and homosexuality isn’t one of them.  So yes, I believe your post was extremely insightful and accurate. Ignorant fear is what is stopping numerous upstanding citizens of this country from being able to have a lawful union with the person they choose to love.  I also support gay marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment